Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 7

Wow, not drinking alcohol will make you wake up earlier on the weekends than you might want!!

Breakfast at 7:15
2 eggs (sunny side up)
6 pieces of bacon
1 double shot of espresso...courtesy of barista-me
2 fish oil capsules and 1 multivitamin

Post workout at 10:30
1 banana
One 16oz skim cappuccino

Snack at 3:30
A couple spoonfulls of paleo turkey chili

Dinner at 7:00
Went to the Firehouse and had about 4 chicken wings...can I tell you how much I love wings? I do...and to have only 4 was a pretty sad but yet in some way enlightening moment for myself. I had this short epiphany about enjoying the spiciness and tanginess of the sauce saturating the crispy skin of the chicken rather than gorging them down in some cavelike manner. Wait, caveman...paleo...oh nevermind, cavemen didn't have deep fryers and buffalo wing sauce. My point being my self control and my rethinking of food as nutrition over comforting a craving.

My entree was a chopped chicken salad (leafy greens, grilled chicken, bacon, blue cheese, red onion, black olives, cucumber, tomatoes, hearts of palm, balsamic vinnegrette) I did notice that there was not a lot of blue cheese...which I know isn't paleo. But all in all, going out was just fine and not very difficult to stick to a diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment