Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 13

"To become a winner, I need to beat the loser inside of me before I can beat my competitors!" I woke up with this morning with that thought in my head, and if no-one claims the quote, then I came up with it.

Breakfast at 6:45
2 hard boiled egg whites
4 cups of mixed greens (kale, spinach, collard...)
2 fish oil capsules and 1 multivitamin

1 cup of coffee so far...

Lunch was in the care around 1:00. I didn't make lunch today, and being on short time I just stopped into a chinese place and picked up 1/2lb of bbq pork.

Post workout I had a banana...I need to make the switch to sweet potatoes. Most likely this week.

Dinner was awesome!!!
I grilled a 1/2lb bison steak with a little steak seasoning.
I also seared some zucchini, squash and cherry tomatoes seasoned with some garlic powder.
And I grilled some shitake mushrooms and yellow onion and flambeed with some brandy to top it off. I might have done some damage to the cabinets above the stove with that move...
2 fish oil capsules and 1 multivitamin

3 comments:

  1. Adam, what I was trying to spit out yesterday about the sweet potato over the fruit post wod was mentioned on this week's Paleolithic Solution podcast. The deal is the sugar in sweet potato - glucose preferentially replenishes muscle glycogen levels first where as the sugar in fruit - fructose replensishes liver glycogen levels first. Because you're trying to lower your carbs, you get more from less recovery wise out of the sweet potatoes is the theory. Give it a try, see if it works for you and keep playing with it till you find your best routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice quote, and make sure you put cinnamon on those sweet potatoes supposedly the cinnamon helps with transfer too the muscles even more efficient also according too robb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Zack. Emmit...I already put the cinnamon on them this morning in preparation for the post WOD. I'll let you guys know how that works out. No pun intended.

    ReplyDelete