Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 11

"Slacker!" I can see Mr. Strickland yelling at me to get out of bed. I just can't seem to get enough sleep...

This morning I had breakfast at about 6:00
2 hardboiled egg whites
3 pieces of bacon
2 fish oil capsules and 1 multivitamin

2 cups of coffee at work, one black.

I ate lunch while on the road for work, and considering driving and trying to eat veggies and meat out of a 2oz plastic container with a fork isn't very easy to do...I had a Trader Joe's bag of almonds, macadamia nuts, cashews and cranberries in the car. I ate about half of the bag. That seemed to do the trick!
When I got back to the office I had two more hard boiled egg whites.

Post workout at 7:15 I had a banana

Dinner was again just snacking...I just went to the fridge armed with a spoon! Pulled out the sunbutter and strawberry preserves and went to town. I know, I know...the sugar in the preserves. Back the f*** off...I haven't had much sugar lately. And considering I haven't had a drop of alcohol, I'd say that's pretty effing good!

FITNESS:
Today I did sprint work on the treadmill. I did 1/4 mile sprints with alternating 1/4 walks for about 30+ minutes. I got just under 3 miles total.
Then I rowed an 8k on the C2 (damper on 4) @ 38:57
I was kinda pissed at myself considering I had a time of 34:11 last week. Maybe I was a little tired from my row yesterday, or the sprint work, or the fact that I have been fighting a bug that I won't let get the best of me. I do not get sick! Either way I am glad I finished, because I wanted to quit after the first 1k.

I also changed up the music on my Ipod. Usually I have my hip hop/ghetto rap or something with a pounding bass line going...but I changed it to something lighter like early to mid 90's alternative. This melancholy flannel wearing thing did not make me push myself anywhere near "Til I Collapse" comes on.

Does anyone else think that their music listening selection affects their energy/performances during your workouts?

No comments:

Post a Comment