Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 1

Rest day

After the Paleo Challenge meeting yesterday I went home and made:

1 whole egg/2 egg white omlette
1 cup of spinach
6 sundried tomatoes (no oil)
black pepper and garlic powder to taste
2 fish oil capsules

After that I read more of my Paleo Diet for Athletes and Bryce's binder trying to figure out my meal planning for the week or so ahead, and then went to the grocery store.

I'd like to point out that it seems very strange for me to minimize the amount of fruit that I eat. Buying only bananas as my fruit for the week was somewhat disheartening...but I'll live.

Dinner consisted of:
5 slices of pork tenderloin (The tenderloin was seasoned in garlic, and lemon then topped with bacon , garlic powder and black pepper. I put the tenderloin on a roasting rack for about an hour at 350 then another 15 min at broil to crisp the bacon...using the rack was nice to drain excess fat/grease.)
14-18 pcs of asparagus (I seasoned the asparaugus with the zest and juice of one lemon, ground black pepper and two tablespoons of EVOO. Broiled them for about 8-10 min and voila)
2 fish oil capsules and 1 daily vitamin
I did have a glass of 1% milk with dinner, this will take a little time to ween off of...but I think it's a better substitute to my usual glass or two of wine/beer. Thoughts?

I don't think that I will need to post my water consumption, but I can tell you that it is a lot. Probably 120-160oz a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment